Emotions. Inexplicably, but the fact is — cats have almost the same feeling as the people: happiness and depression, anxiety and playfulness, anger and affection.
Surely many of you know what a cat is better not to offend, or her reaction could be revenge for the insult to the owner. This may be, for example, a broken furniture and broken dishes.
The sense of smell. If we compare the level of perception of odors humans and cats, then, of course, in the latter he developed a lot more. In these animals, part of the brain responsible for the sense of smell is much more in comparison with its total volume. This feature enables the cats to easily distinguish people, as well as to establish with the help of odorous marks, whether it was ever in this location. In addition, the smell enables males to determine if the female is ready to mate.
I’m comfortable here …
Here are some interesting facts about cats, associated with its amazing ability to distinguish odors:
● nose is not their only body with which they can discriminate odors. In the mouth of the animal there is a so-called tube Jacobson, located behind the front teeth on the upper palate. This body of cats used only in the case where the concentration needed is only one of the odors. To do this, they are doing a breath, lifting his upper lip and mouth opening. It seems that the air with a strange smell, they are trying to taste like food.
Happiness should be a lot
● Compared with humans, cats smell is about 14 times better, as they have to do, there are about 60-80 million olfactory cells, and a man — only 20 million.
● Every animal is unique. For example, to determine the identity of the person, it usually take fingerprints. In cats, the same unique pattern is on the nose.
● Some owners believe their pets rather whimsical animals due to the fact that before you start eating, they start to sniff a long time for food. This statement is not true, because in this way the cat try to find out its temperature, and the role of the thermometer just serves their nose.
● Also, with the help of the sense of smell, they can determine the temperature of the air. For example, when the cat sleeping, twist into a ball, this means that around cool when pulling the front and hind legs — warmth. Sometimes during sleep they can hide your nose or close his legs — this behavior suggests that soon there will come a cold snap.